- Association of Ontario MidwivesThe Association of Ontario Midwives is the professional body representing midwives and the practice of midwifery in the province of Ontario. They also have a consumer website at the same link that we encourate you to join. Help Ontario Midwives improve birthcare in Ontario.
- College of Midwives of OntarioMidwifery care in Ontario is defined and guided by a history of and ongoing support for community-based midwives working in partnership with childbearing women. The CMO envisions a time when every community and every woman in the province has midwifery care as an accessible and viable option for childbearing.
- London Health Sciences CentreLondon health care facility where Womancare Midwives have admitting privileges.
800 Commissioners Road E., London, Ontario, 519-685-8500
- Previously Motherisk **(no longer a valid site)UPDATE ON MOTHERISK.ORG
December 4, 2019 - SickKids is aware that the motherisk.org website is currently being operated by a third party. The Motherisk Helplines and website closed in April 2019.
***This site is no longer a valid site
- Spinning BabiesEasier Childbirth with Fetal Positioning
- Breastfeeding.comA parent site with breastfeeding information, support, humour, news, supplies, advocacy, stories, attitude and more.
- INFACT Canada (Infant Feeding Action Coalition)A non-governmental, non-profit organization consisting of individuals and groups working to improve the health and well-being of infants and young children through the protection, promotion and support of breastfeeding.
- Jack NewmanA wonderful resource containing lots of information on every aspect of breastfeeding run by Pediatrician and breastfeeding expert Jack Newman.
- Jack Newman ResourcesPlease see website for French and Spanish versions.
- KellyMomParenting, Breastfeeding
- La Leche League CanadaFor breastfeeding and information support 1-800-665-4324
- Middlesex London Health UnitContains a listing of well-baby and breastfeeding clinics. 519-663-5317 ext 3176
- World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA)Protects, promotes and supports breastfeeding worldwide.
- OMAMAOMama is a website and a mobile application (app) that connects women and families to trusted, evidence-informed healthy pregnancy, birth and early parenting information for Ontario, Canada. Keep in touch with OMama by visiting our Facebook page.
- OMAMA AppDownload the OMAMA App here.
- RECOMMENDED BOOKS
Many of these books are available online in digital format, for order, or for loan from the online London Public Library or our clinic library.
1. Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn: the complete guide - by Penny Simkin
2. Real Food for Pregnancy: the Science and wisdom of optimal prenatal nutrition - by Lily Nichols
3. Healthy Beginnings: Giving your baby the best start from preconception to Birth -by the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada
1. The Birth Partner: A complete guide to childbirth for dads, doulas and other labour companions- By Penny Simkin
2. Ina May's Guide to Childbirth - by Ina May Gaskin
3. Birth Matters: A Midwife's Manifesto - by Ina May Gaskin
4. Fearless Birthing: Clear your fears for a positive birth -Alexia Leachman
5. Mindful Birthing - by Nancy Bardacke
6. Birthing from Within - by Pam England
7. Hypnobirthing 4th edition: the natural approach to safer, easier, more comfortable birthing - by Marie Mongan
8. Helping Birth: your guide to pain relief choices and interventions in labour and childbirth with real stories - by Eleanor Hayes (UK)
1. The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding - 8th Ed. - by the Le Leche League
2. Dr. Newman's Guide to Breastfeeding - by Dr. Jack Newman
3. Latch: A handbook for breastfeeding with confidence at every stage - by Robin Kaplan (IBCLC)
Newborns and the Postpartum
1. Build Your Nest: a postpartum planning workbook - Kestrel Gates
2. The Baby Book - everything you need to know about your babe from birth to age two. - By Dr Sears
3. The Baby Owner's Manual - by Louis Borgenicht
4. Sweet Sleep: Nighttime and Naptime Strategies for the Breastfeeding Family
5. The First Forty Days: the essential art of nourishing the new mother - by Heng Ou
6. The Fourth Trimester: A postpartum Guide to Healing Your Body, Balancing Your Emotions and Restoring your Vitality - by Kimberley Ann Johnson
7. Postpartum: A story of unraveling and becoming - by Flow Belinsky
Perinatal and Postpartum Emotions/ Postpartum Mood Disorders
1. Postpartum Depression and Anxiety: a Self Help Guide for mothers
2. The Pregnancy and Postpartum Anxiety Workbook: practical skills to help you overcome anxiety, worry, panic attacks, and complusions - by Kevin Gyoerkoe (Psy D) and Pamela Wiegartz (PhD)
3. This Isn't What I Expected: Overcoming Postpartum Depression - by Karen Kleiman and Valerie Davis Raskin
4. Good Moms Sometimes Have Scary Thoughts: a healing guide to the secret fears of new mothers - by Karen Kleiman and Molly McIntyre
Created by SJL Creations, see more on http://www.sjlcreations.be