In light of the the provincial lockdown commencing on December 26, 2020 to help to slow the spread of COVID-19, we will be closing our reception area effective December 21, 2020. This is to ensure the safety of our clients and staff members. This means access to our reception area will be closed. Our front foyer will remain open.
When attending for your in-person visit:
If you are travelling by car:
Please remain in your vehicle until your midwife calls you to invite you in. Your midwife may conduct some of the appointment with you over the phone and then ask you come into the office for a short visit.
If you are not travelling by car:
There will be seating available for you to wait in our front foyer to ensure you are not waiting in the cold. Please arrive as close to your appointment time as possible and please practice social distancing while waiting in the foyer.
Your midwife will continue to try and run on time for appointments, but if your midwife is paged during a visit, your appointment may run later. We ask for your patience and understanding if you are waiting a bit longer for your midwife to contact you in your car or collect you from our front foyer. If you are waiting for more than 15 – 20 minutes after your scheduled appointment time, please contact our reception at 519-645-0316.
For your safety and those of the other families your midwife cares for we ask that you:
- Arrive as close to the time of your appointment, as possible
- Indicate to your midwife if your questions will need more than the 15 minutes of allotted clinic time – your midwife will be more than happy to call you after your appointment to address any questions or concerns you may have. It is important to remember that although the in-person visits are shorter, your midwife will still need to have important discussions with you throughout your pregnancy. The safest way to have these longer discussions, is by phone.
- Attend your appointment on your own.
- Wear a face mask
- Practice hand hygiene upon the arrival of your appointment with the provided hand sanitizer
- Not attend to our clinic if you have any signs and symptoms of illness
For non-urgent concerns, please continue to use your midwife’s voicemail to reach out to your midwife. For urgent concerns, please page your midwife. For administrative items such as changing a scheduled appointment, please call 519-645-0316 and leave a message and Marci will return your call.
We truly appreciate how difficult these times are for everyone, we are missing the normal interactions and relationship building that is the cornerstone of midwifery care, but we will all get through this together. We want to assure all of our clients that their best interest and safety is always top priority as we continue to try and normalize pregnancy and birth through these very non-normal times.
If you are finding it difficult to cope with these times, please speak to your midwife. There are also some excellent resources offered in our communities. https://www.swpregnancywellnesssupport.com/london-middlesex
Thank you again for being the best clients! We truly appreciate each and every one of you.